work with us
Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer for Viberoptix will assume overall responsibility and accountability for the provisions of an effective and consistent Operational and Build team within the business, ensuring projects are on target and the strategic growth of the business is enabled.
The post holder will be an influential leader, role model and one who possesses drive and determination operating with a sense of urgency in all business-related matters. Sitting on the Executive Team, the individual will also have the capability to inspire the confidence of the CEO, CTO, Board of Directors and other Senior Managers.
- Measuring the efficiency of the Company’s operational processes and taking steps to improve them.
- Developing strategies for the growth of the Company and making sure they are implemented.
- Liaising between the Company and client, for quality assurance purposes.
- Building a strong relationship with the FD, ensuring investment and funding for the business in order to facilitate operational growth.
- Ensuring that all employees, including senior management, have access to mentoring and coaching, to optimise motivation levels.
- Developing and controlling all operational budgets to ensure that the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company.
- Empowering the operational team with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations initiatives.
- Forecasting manpower requirements and liaising with the HRD to ensure recruitment and succession planning are adequate for the business.
- Regularly reviewing operations to ensure that these meet required standards and recommend changes where necessary.
- Overseeing the operations of the organisation and making any necessary changes to meet business goals and projections.
- Measuring and reporting on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
- Overseeing the Health and Safety of the operational function and ensuring a clear action plan is in place.
- Ensuring that an effective remuneration system is in place for employees.
- Promoting effective and clear internal and external communications.
- Acting as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keeping abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
The individual that will be best suited for this position will be able to demonstrate the criteria below and possess a work ethic along with a style / skill set that is both strategic in approach and hands-on in delivery.
- Significant experience in a senior operations role at Senior Executive/Director level, where you have developed a team and delivered on organisational and business objectives, ideally within the utilities, construction or manufacturing industries
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with senior team and all functions across the business to direct and guide the performance of others, set strategy to convey a clear vision and sense of purpose.
- Experience of managing performance through the implementation of systems, processes, measurements and controls and achieving success through others
- Proven financial analysis ability, including budgeting
- Experience of leading and developing a team that has delivered operational excellence to a business.
- Experience in change management with a growth business to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience of creating comprehensive business measures, evaluating the effectiveness, efficiencies and required improvements.
- Evidence of the effective use of teamwork, allocating work, developing staff and ensuring effective relationships.
- IT literate, including experience of systems applicable to the Telecoms industry.
Competitive package available – details upon request.