work with us
- Administer servers.
- Install software and make server upgrades
- Designing and carefully planning a new database and enrolling new database users
- Monitoring the database or databases to check that they are operating correctly and identify potential issues
- Troubleshoot problems with programs and computer hardware.
- Ensure the data stored is properly backed-up
- Produce high quality documentation for other database users
- Collect routine database performance statistics
- Use a database management system to collect and analyse data from the database
- Consistently manage and maintain data in all production and non-production databases and replication servers.
- Ensure that SQL Servers are operate within a secure environment and that disaster recovery requirements are always met.
- Align information architecture with enterprise architecture by selecting appropriate tools and techniques.
- Provisioning databases for testing and development environments, including dynamic data masking and automated data refresh.
- Implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. customised SQL solutions.
- Maintain and regularly review security and related data access rights within the SQL Server environment.
- Implement any authorised SQL server and database amendments in accordance with the existing Software Change Management and related processes.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain housekeeping and optimisation jobs, ensuring peak performance of all SQL Servers.
- Provide technical assistance to staff on the development of conceptual and logical database designs and physical databases.
- Assist in data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability.
- Stay current with latest developments in GIS field and recommend new technologies and techniques for application development.
- Ensure that application architecture meets business requirements.
- Design and integrate application with database management systems.
- Ensure data is always accessible and useable
- Develop system problem reports
- Test applications and perform bug fixes.
- Assist in quality assurance
- Propose development initiatives to increase programming efficiency
- Recommend on updates or new techniques when applicable.
- Work effectively in a team to develop high quality GIS solutions.
- Adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
Skills required for the role:
- Experience with Cloud Database Services.
- In-depth Experience with designing, building, administering and querying SQL databases and of PostgreSQL.
- Some automation scripting experience, such as Python
- Ability to engage with colleagues and customers proactively and professionally to agree commitments and ensure that clients’ needs and end users’ needs are satisfied.
- Ability to design data models
- Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge
- Spatial Data and Algorithms understanding
- Strong attention to detail and record keeping
- Analytics skills
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Spatial Analysis and workflow
- Planning and forecasting skills
- Knowledge of data protection issues and access rights
- To be willing to keep up to date with any changes in data protection laws and database technologies
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Working knowledge of GIS, ESRI products
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge, and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
Send your CV
- Competitive remuneration package
- Extensive training and development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Experience in a forward thinking and progressive company, with an ambition to develop our people
- Employee initiatives
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme