work with us
HSEQ (Health and Safety) Officer
As part of our continued growth, we are seeking a HSEQ (Health and Safety) Officer to join our team in Penrith. This is an exciting, challenging and demanding role within the company, with opportunity to grow with the business.
The role will be a mix of office based work in Penrith and attending sites to carry out inspections and audits, along with providing HSEQ support to site and to the teams.
The Job Role:
- Assist the implementation and improvements of our Integrated Management System.
- Support several projects and departments to meet the requirements of the Safety, Quality and Environment Management systems.
- Develop and review risk assessment and methods statement.
- Assist the site teams and managers on improving our health, safety, and environmental standards whilst developing a positive culture.
- Provide consistent and accurate HSEQ advice to employees, keeping up to date with required legislation.
- Collaborating with HSEQ teams, build teams and Clients on issues, initiatives and improvements.
- Develop safety alerts/Toolbox Talks to promote positive learning and prevention.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations, identifying causes and corrective actions.
- Reporting to management on KPIs and any areas of concern.
- Conduct internal and site based HSEQ inspections and audits.
- Identify training needs and conduct training when required.
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience within a Health & Safety role
- Able to work as a member of a team, and alone to tight deadlines as appropriate.
- Set own high-quality standards, e.g., attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Experience of working in the construction industry
- Experience of report writing, and developing and delivering safety communications.
- Ability to liaise with staff and operatives of all levels within the company
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience within a telecoms, utilities, or civil engineering environment
- Experience of Working with ISO 9001,14001 and 45001
- NEBOSH Certificate in occupational Health & Safety / Construction Health & Safety
- Environmental Management Qualification
- Lead or Internal Auditor Qualification
Send your CV
- Competitive package – details available on request
- Training and Development opportunities
- Excellent Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Insurance and EAP Scheme