work with us
Viberoptix is a progressive Tier 1 contractor, providing a full turn-key solution for fibre broadband network build. From Design through to Installation, we have built a successful network and a fantastic team of people.
If you would like to develop and grow with us, Viberoptix is the employer for you!
We are currently looking for a HSEQ Officer to join us at our Coalisland Office.
The Job Role:
- Support the implementation and management of the companies Integrated Management System
- Support several projects and departments to meet the requirements of the Safety, Quality and Environment Management systems
- Assist the site teams and managers by recognising hazards, seeking to minimise risks whilst creating, maintaining, and improving the health, safety, and environmental standards
- Provide consistent and accurate HSEQ advice to employees
- Provide support to business units on HSEQ initiatives
- Provide support on HSEQ issues/problems.
- Produce HSEQ statistics monthly, identify trends and take proactive initiatives
- Produce and communicate safety alerts/Toolbox Talks to promote learning and prevention
- Carry out accident/incident investigations in a timely manner
- Reporting to management on KPIs and any areas of concern
- Identify root causes and accidents / incidents and produce safety alerts
- Carry out internal and site based HSEQ inspections and audits
- Produce/communicate safety alerts following incidents to promote learning and prevention
- Maintain and identify training needs, carrying out training where required
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience within a Health & Safety role
- Able to work as a member of a team, and alone to tight deadlines as appropriate.
- Set own high-quality standards, e.g., attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Experience of working in the construction industry
- Experience of report writing
- Ability to liaise with staff and operatives of all levels within the company
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience within a telecoms, utilities, or civil engineering environment
- Experience of Working with ISO 9001,14001 and 45001
- NEBOSH Certificate in occupational Health & Safety / Construction Health & Safety
- Environmental Management Qualification
- Lead or Internal Auditor Qualification
- Training and Development opportunities
- Excellent Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
Viberoptix is an equal opportunities employer.