work with us
- Effectively contribute to the delivery of our ISO Integrated Management System.
- Support several projects and departments to meet the requirements of the Safety, Quality and Environment Management systems
- Supporting the organisation on the CDM requirements on large scale projects, ensuring requirements are met and sufficient governance completed.
- Provide input into the development, delivery and maintenance of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving performance.
- Lead and manage team members, ensuring appropriate support is provided and any training needs are addressed.
- To support the development and delivery of internal/external training to operational teams (and other parties, where required).
- Support the Senior HSEQ Manager and operational managers and project teams on a broad range of HSEQ issues, helping them to embed policy and process where appropriate.
- Conduct and review investigations and reports, providing technical advice to operational teams in the investigation and resolution of accidents and incidents.
- Carry out and oversee internal and site based audits and ensure safety alerts are delivered
- Produce and communicate safety alerts / toolbox talks to promote learning and prevention
- Reporting on KPIs and HSEQ statistics, identifying trends and advising on action required
- Take an active role in supporting operational teams to implement assurance ‘systems’, supporting both the operational function and the performance and governance
- Support operational teams in measuring the effectiveness of HSEQ policy implementation through inspection/audit, the review of appropriate performance measures, and by contributing to the monthly HSEQ (and operational) reporting cycle.
- Provide intelligence to the business on existing / emerging HSEQ legal requirements and sector/client-specific standards
- Support environmental responsibilities to drive compliance and continuous improvement
- Monitor our contractors and identify key improvement areas.
- Qualification in a relevant subject related to construction health and safety management (e.g., NEBOSH Certificate) or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a Health & Safety role at Manager level
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law, and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to construction/building
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist HSEQ
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Full valid driving licence
- Experience within a telecoms, utilities, or civil engineering environment
- Experience of developing and implementing ISO 9001,14001 and 45001
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing CDM Requirements on large scale projects
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.