work with us
Senior Desktop Design Manager
Viberoptix Ltd is an exciting new telecommunications company incorporated January 2020. We deliver frontline services to fibre network providers across the UK and Ireland.
We are searching for a Senior Desktop Design Manager to join our Design Department.
You will work in a friendly and progressive environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The successful candidate has a strong experience of delivering successful projects, will manage numerous projects and will be responsible for leading the maintenance, solution design and expansion of the network. Working along with the GIS team, the Software Development and the Process design team you’ll develop new fibre planning processes and improve the existing ones in line with a delivery-oriented approach.
You will be reporting to the Design Director.
- Take responsibility for end-to-end process of the design from the HLD to the CLD and the Asbuilt
- Work closely with the Field Planning Senior Manager and Build Managers to ensure effective and efficient feedback loop of design and delivery
- Perform QA and sign off across team design activities
- Keep up to date with evolving Openreach PIA requirements
- Optimising traditional design with PIA opportunities including use of Poles
- Effectively manage outsources design partners and their reporting and forecast mechanisms if required
- Continually develop and evolve the design standards to meet the business needs
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day productivity of the Desktop Design team, managing work volumes and priorities in line with business requirements.
- Overseeing several projects and ensuring progress reported consistently through daily reporting of activities
- Ensure the project maintains profitability and assist in providing weekly performances reports
- Identifying performance and training gaps and managing personal development of each member of the team.
- Ensuring that KPIs are being controlled and achieved.
- Providing the updates regarding project status.
- Driving timescales and quality improvement
- Overseeing planning development to achieve program
- Manage project demand and resources involved with all activities.
- Delegating work and projects across the Planning team, and re-assigning resources and priorities according to the business needs.
- Provide technical expertise on all aspects of fibre design and planning
- Supporting and mentoring team members
- Liaise and build relationships with clients and other stakeholders including civils and fibre supervisors
- Adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
- Experience as Fibre Network Manager
- A strong technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks (overhead, underground, blown fibre)
- Demonstrable experience of managing and motivating a team to drive high performance levels
- Proven track record of delivering and controlling medium to large multi-site build projects
- Experience in PIA and overhead cabling/poling
- Strong design experience and usage of design, survey, and inventory applications (ArcGIS, QGIS, AutoCAD, Network Engineer etc)
- Experience and working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Solid understanding of network design key drivers affecting cost in network rollouts
- Understanding and holding of the New Roads & Street works Act 1991 (NRSWA Supervisors)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to set a good example to others
- Mix of technical and person management skills.
- Good Reporting and presentation skills
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge, and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Extensive training and development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Experience in a forward thinking and progressive company, with an ambition to develop our people
- Employee initiatives
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme