work with us
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor for our projects based in England. Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager the candidate will play a significant role on the measurement and monitoring of project cost control.
The following is a list of some of the key tasks expected in the role:
- Manage junior Quantity Surveyors as the project evolves in size
- Collect and Review worksheets completed by sub-contractors & Viberoptix employees sent in on weekly basis.
- Preparation and submission of weekly progress claims to client. Valuations to be agreed with Client QS representative on a bi-weekly basis.
- Support the preparation and submission of project variations, in line with contract timelines.
- Review and Sign off sub-contractor invoices to be passed to accounts for payment.
- Provide support and preparation of client Final Accounts.
- Daily liaising with on field supervisors and site teams.
- Role will involve site visits as and when required.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, drafting & issuing correspondence.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge, and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
Requirements for the role:
- The candidate will have a Quantity Surveying related degree or qualification.
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- NEC3 contract knowledge
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage and negotiate with sub-contractors / suppliers.
- Strong Excel Knowledge and IT skills
- Full Driving License
What we can offer you
Send your CV
- Excellent Career progression opportunities
- Training and development
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company Life Insurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme