work with us
Spatial Data Architect
- Responsible for shaping the vision of the future architecture of ESRI GIS at VO.
- Cloud knowledge and experience is also helpful in this role to understand future architecture patterns. (Azure Microsoft)
- Work closely with the developers and other project team members
- Gather and analyse user requirements.
- Ability to reconcile non-functional project requirements with the current hardware and architecture of ArcGIS server environments to the ensure stability of the ArcGIS platform
- Generate conceptual design and develop implementation strategies.
- Assess new and complex requirements for GIS analysis and deliverables and determine which combination of data and tools will deliver appropriate solutions
- Create and maintain python scripts (data cleaning, data analysis, quality control, data load, ArcGIS Server administration, metadata, etc.), including creating and maintaining custom geocoding/geoprocessing tools
- Create/update data to support changing business requirements of existing applications and future application requirements
- Administer servers.
- Install software and make server upgrades
- Designing and carefully planning a new database and enrol new database users
- Monitoring the database or databases to check that they are operating correctly and identify potential issues
- Troubleshoot problems with programs and computer hardware.
- Ensure the data stored is properly backed-up
- Produce high quality documentation for other database users
- Collect routine database performance statistics
- Use a database management system to collect and analyse data from the database
- Align information architecture with enterprise architecture by selecting appropriate tools and techniques.
- Provisioning databases for testing and development environments, including dynamic data masking and automated data refresh.
- Implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. customised SQL solutions.
- Work effectively in a team to develop high quality GIS solutions.
- Adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
Skills required for the role:
- Experience with Cloud Database Services.
- In-depth Experience with designing, building, administering and querying SQL databases and of PostgreSQL.
- Some automation scripting experience, such as Python
- Ability to engage with colleagues and customers proactively and professionally to agree commitments and ensure that clients’ needs, and end users’ needs are satisfied.
- Ability to design data models
- Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge
- Spatial Data and Algorithms understanding
- Strong attention to detail and record keeping
- Analytics skills
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Spatial Analysis and workflow
- Planning and forecasting skills
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience with design, develop, support, and consuming GIS-related web services
- Experience with ESRI family of products: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcMap, etc. including upgrading to the latest versions
- Experience with SQL-based databases, preferably PostgreSQL including PostGIS
- Experience with GIS tools/processing (e.g., GDAL, PostGIS, QGIS, ArcGIS, GeoServer, KML, Shapefile)
- Experience with programming, preferably Python Previous experience within the role
- Knowledge of data protection issues and access rights
- Strong knowledge of ESRI software development technologies (e.g. ArcGIS API for Python, Arcpy, etc.)
- Background understanding ESRI GIS architecture patterns and components
- Working knowledge of GIS, ESRI products
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge, and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
Send your CV
- Competitive remuneration package
- Extensive training and development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Experience in a forward thinking and progressive company, with an ambition to develop our people
- Employee initiatives
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme